Floating Angel Paradise

Friday, October 14, 2005

BLOGGING


BLOG:
noun
Short for weblog. A meandering, blatantly uninteresting online diary that gives the author the illusion that people are interested in their stupid, pathetic life. Consists of such riveting entries as "homework sucks" and "I slept until noon today."

(Thanks must be given to http://www.urbandictionary.com for their truly wonderful, dry, sarcastic, yet humorous dictionary definitions)

There you are Ashamaley, I hope that sorts out you problem with not understanding the term blog. (no, just because you got mentioned does not mean that you are special in anyway)

Now, another one, just for you.

IRONIC:
1. A situation where the result is a complete reverse (and practical mockery) of what was expected

2. A word heavy misused and abused in conversation today, mostly by people who think that using the word in any way will automatically make them seem intelligent. The word is usually misused to exactly mean "coincidental" or "tragic", when again it doesn't mean this (see #1)

If the heavy metal band Anthrax dies of anthrax, that would be poetically tragic, but not ironic. If a diabetic crosses the street and is run over by a truck carrying insulin, then it's ironic.

"Isn't it ironic that the pop song 'Ironic' contains absolutely no examples of irony?"

"One issue of Mad Magazine showed Alfred E. Neuman face-down in the desert, crushed to death by a parachuted crate of first aid supplies. Now THAT was ironic!

Well, today I decided to help improve my ballet technique by joining the Level 7 class. Much to my dismay however, I was put at the front of the class, and made to demonstrate various simple moves not yet taught to such a level. BUT THEY ARE SO CUTE!

On a better note my dance concert is coming up soon, on the 10th and the 11th of December, and all my dances are really cool. This year the whole ballet school has the same theme, which just happens to be Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. For jazz, I am a mad hatter in the Mad Hatter's Tea Party! WHOOHOO! For contemporary I am a player in the great croquet game. And for ballet, myself and my team of 3 other wonderful, young, sexy dancers are the four famous butterfly's (We get massive wings and feelers and everything!)

As it is getting late I had better go to bed, tune in soon for another amazing blog

Until next time. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home